Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 gallon tank and I need something to help control algae. I'm thinking a cherry shrimp. it has one plant and a fake cave in it. do you have any suggestions?

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,573 Posts
How long do you leave your lights on?

Better to get a Mystery Snail as a single shrimp won't make much of an impact. In addition, shrimp need lots of plant cover in house with a Betta.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How long do you leave your lights on?

Better to get a Mystery Snail as a single shrimp won't make much of an impact. In addition, shrimp need lots of plant cover in house with a Betta.
A clean up crew is a good idea! I agree with @RussellTheShihTzu, one shrimp might not be able to make a big impact. Another reason for getting more shrimp is that they do better in groups. You will also need more plants for cover. It also depends on your betta. Some totally ignore the shrimp, but others may be aggressive and try to attack or eat them. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keep up with water change and tank maintenance, also, manage artificial light in your aquarium. Get a mystery snail,
can pick up loose food, as well as eat soft algae, for those times where we may have overfed our fish and have some leftovers on the pond floor.

They will also eat algae off stems of plants, but not the plant, making them a good fit for water gardens. Ensure there is enough naturally occurring soft algae for them to eat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts