Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! So right now I have a 29g with 6 Pygmy cories, 4 false julii cories, 4 albino cories, 6 harlequin rasboras, and 1 betta. My betta thinks he's a cory, he always swims with them and searches for food along the bottom of the tank with all the other cories!

Okay, so I do want a small school of 6 neon tetras. Will that be too many fish for the tank? Everyone is happy and healthy right now and I don't want to mess it up, but I would prefer to add tetras so the tank has a little more color and structure. The tank is fully cycled
It does have a filter right now, but I'm not sure of the model. It is a planted tank, and I will be getting a couple more plants from a friend pretty soon. So, will 6 neon tetras be too many? And I'm totally down for getting another, or a better filter if that's what needs to happen (though it's doing a great job for the fish in my tank right now.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The size of your tank is good. I'm just not familiar with neon tetras. I know that some species of tetra can be nippy, so that is what you'd need to consider. You wouldn't want your betta's fins to be bitten.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I use AQAdvisor to plan my tanks, I'm on my phone so I can't plug it in to tell you but it's a great resource for planning community tanks and will help you see what you can fit (and if you can add more to your existing schools, larger schools are generally more delightful to watch)

As for neons, they are notoriously delicate to parameters and in smaller schools can be nippy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts