Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have it divided my ten gallon once, but I'm looking into getting a female or possibly another male, and due to space reasons, I can't acquire another full tank. So, after looking at some videos on youtube, I came across a tank that was divided into three sections. I'm not sure if it's safe or smart, but. Anyone tell me right from wrong? I don't want to disturb Ant and Jem..

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
2 dividers in a 10g is the limit IMO, so you could add one more betta.

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah i agree. i have my 10 gallon divided into 3 sections. 2 males, 1 female. it works pretty well. it's a little bit of a pain to clean around though. but it works great for me!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Then I'll surely separate the tank once more. <3

·
Registered
393 Posts
yay! let us know how it works out. be careful to watch who ever is in the middle. sometimes 2 males on both sides will make the middle one stress out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright! Ah, I was guessing that DX Then possibly having a female would cause some trouble? Or would another male? Since both fish are pretty mellow.

·
Registered
393 Posts
well i actually just put a female in the center of my 3 way divided 10 gallon. personally, i think it's less stress on all the fish. but sometimes a female can get stressed out and depressed i've heard. but my female seems really happy and she teases the boys. the boys make huge bubble nests but that was expected lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
but a male would work as well. i would just watch them no matter which you put in. it depends on their personality honestly :]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww XD I'll try a girl since both of my guys are mellow <3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts