Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,447 Posts
I know how disapointing that is. My current favored males are all egg eaters. And they immediately devour all the eggs, leaving me nothing to artificially hatch.

I need to out wit them, maybe use mesh at the bottom so they can't get to the fallen eggs. But I need to use new clean tank and water (which isn't a method I regularly use) to succeed.

·
Super Moderator
6,447 Posts
Yes. But water and container need to be as clean as possible - unless you're willing to use anti fungal chemicals.

I move eggs to a 1 ltr plastic ice cream bowl/container filled with 2cm of water. Place lid on top (but not fixed so when I check up on them, I won't disturb the eggs). When they hatch, I add 100% water. Sometimes I use pieces of anacharis for fry to hang on. When fry are free swimming I change as much water as I can, feed egg yolk. I move fry to grow out after 3-7 days.

Hatch rate ranges from 0-100%. Success depends on whether or not eggs were fertilized and how clean the bowl/water (I don't use chemicals). It's a race against mold - no male betta to clean/protect eggs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts