Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have no idea what my female "Kristie" is. i first thought she was a marble, but she wasn't. am leaning towards some Combodian though. Any help is a appreciated, thanks
pics:

also she has red speckles on her fins, just in the photo you can't see them

·
Registered
283 Posts
She is most likely Cambodian, but I'm not an expert.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have others that need there color defined too-
Echo, i was thinking multi color but am not sure:

and Cryptoms, i was thinking bi-color but am not sure either because he has a cream like face, but a purple body, and white fins:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
No, she's not a Cambodian. My friend told me that cambodians are red finned and blonde bodied ONLY. She's just a light bodied multicolor, and very pretty!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i heard about blue combodians but am not fully sure about about it, she has specks of blue and black on her body :\

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
thats a grizzle patter on your first one. the other two look like bi colored pastels. Very pretty. I want your Cryptoms lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, she's not a Cambodian. My friend told me that cambodians are red finned and blonde bodied ONLY. She's just a light bodied multicolor, and very pretty!

Hmm. It was my belief that there are both blue and red Cambodians. Red Cambodians are just much more common.

She looks to be Cambodian to me, though I can't tell too well in the pictures.
The other two just look to be multi pastels. Very cute fish.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
This friend of mine is a Betta breeder, so she knows about colors. She doesn't belong to the forum anymore, though, so I'm passing along what she told me. She says people think there are blue cambodians, but it's not true.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<<<< this one looks like her alot, but she has more of a flesh look, this one is more of... i don't know how to explain it, something like a dragon but it's not >.<
are multi pastels supposed to have white tips?? :\ and Cryptom's colors don't actually "mix" or be splat around the fins/body more "organized" i believe he might be a pastel though, not sure about a multi

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This friend of mine is a Betta breeder, so she knows about colors. She doesn't belong to the forum anymore, though, so I'm passing along what she told me. She says people think there are blue cambodians, but it's not true.
blue combodians aren't actually combodians, i forgot why they are called this and what they actually are, i think there some kind of bi-color but i don't know. also i need to get pics of Zero, i have no idea what he is, he is marbling on me

·
Registered
50 Posts
Multi-triple ray CT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts