Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on the best growout situation for my giants. Not the first batch mind you, those will just get daily water changes until I can sort out the biggest that will go into 5 gallon containers to grow up. The girls will go into either a pond or large aquarium.
If I do barracks, can I filter out the growth stunting hormone? If not, there's really no point in having barracks to grow out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm trying to decide on the best growout situation for my giants. Not the first batch mind you, those will just get daily water changes until I can sort out the biggest that will go into 5 gallon containers to grow up. The girls will go into either a pond or large aquarium.
If I do barracks, can I filter out the growth stunting hormone? If not, there's really no point in having barracks to grow out.
All a barracks system does is allow a common filtration system. You still have to do water changes barracks or not...

If your barracks system has an automatic water change system as well, then you have auto hormone removal.

Jeff.:)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
No. Hormones can not be filtered out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts