Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was talking withmy friends and we decided to see some photos of QS bettas and we wondered if our guys were fugly by show standards, we love our fish but we thought it was the time for them to be judged XD

so here i present you the wonder fishies: Alpha, Arlen, Emmett and Magnus, al of them are presumed VTs but Emet since he is young and he is recovering from some nasty fin rot (and he was a bit bloated at the moment of the photo) also note Magnus is a fin biter in rehab XD
also, if you could help us identifing colors

Be Harsh!

ALPHA (a.k.a Mr. Unicorn)

ARLEN

EMMETT

MAGNUS

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I don't know much about show bettas but damaged fins are not good, Magnus and Arlen seem to have nicely shaped bodies (though Arlen's might be a bit short) and you need to watch out for "messy rays", plus isn't red undesirable in blue bettas? Regardless I think they're beautiful

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah we are too lazy to breed them and they are LFS fishies, besides...we dont have shows in this country.
can you explain me the fins thing?

·
Registered
702 Posts
the fins are not balanced, ie: too long, or too short for their type category. the last male's fins are curved, whereas the ideal is straight. waaaay too many things to compare, but here's something to aim for:

taken from basement bettas: https://basementbettas.wordpress.com/category/betta-shows/

high erect fins, dorsal fin meets to caudal fin, caudal fin meets with anal, not one fin is larger than the other. fins are fully straight, even branching, solid body, colors are about equal percentage cover. no sign of rot or even tears.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the males are presumed to be VTs...the picture you posted is a HM, right?
what is the ideal for a VT?

·
Registered
702 Posts
there is no ideal for VTs, VTs have basically been removed from shows since the introduction of the halfmoon.
valid tail categories, from what i understand, are:
halfmoon (ST/DT)
shortfin halfmoon (ST/DT)
traditional plakat (ST/DT)
halfmoon/show plakat (ST/DT)
crowntail (ST/DT)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh...in that case all of them are out of the game XD
i think Emmett would be kinda the winner? because his fins are ''straighter'' than the other's fins?

·
Registered
80 Posts
nah we are too lazy to breed them and they are LFS fishies, besides...we dont have shows in this country.
can you explain me the fins thing?
try breeding them dude!you'll be happy im sure!and you'll get excited on how they look like when they grow to mature. i have 20+ fry right now and they are 2 months old. out of 300 fry, 20 remains. hehe... but i have a guide now on how to grow fry.. see this link dude..just follow the steps..

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=419402

i have new born fry now and im trying to correct all my mistakes..hope many of my fry survive this time..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.