Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I've said I am going to breed Murdoc and Tallulah-Faye (red butterfly CT male and red cambo female.) but now that I have Damon, my DBT, I'm honestly not sure. He'll probably be one of the only DBT's I manage to get my hands on, whereas I can find CT's anywhere. I have to decide soon, too.

I'm not sure which female to breed to him, if I decide to instead of Murdoc and Tallulah-Faye.
I am thinking Hattie and Damon would be a good pair, but then there's also Maisie. What do you guys think? Hattie is a HM, and not really sure what Maisie is.
And also what would I get out of both pairs? All three of them are a little metallic, especially Hattie and Damon, so...

(Sorry about the pics being so big!)

So here is Damon-

And here is Hattie-

And here is Maisie-

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I think that either pair would do fine, but your CTs would probably make better colors whereas Hattie/Damon would make some Red/blue wash that might look a little messy because Damon is a DTVT and Hattie is a HM.

So that being said I would stick with the original plan and do your CTs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would think Damon with Maisie is a good pair. Probably an interesting genetic pair.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking as well! If possible, I'll try to breed them this Christmas, if I have time. Right now I'll focus on Muds and Tallulah-Faye, because
1. Murdoc is blowing the biggest bubblenests he's ever blown and seems happy
and
2. Tallulah-Faye is full of eggs.

And they would make a good pair.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Your original plan looks better, they're both CT. You might get cambodian butterflies CT.

DT x HM ..... not too good; uneven lobed DT, VT, maybe RT, few to none dT, no HM. You would probably get green or blue with red fins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts