Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first of all, let me say that I love the new website! Overall, it's been easy to use, and the layout is great! Unfortunately, I now am having problems viewing thumbnail images that are attached to various posts. I never had this problem on the old site, and could easily click on thumbnails to view the full sized image. Now whenever I click on a thumbnail, the whole screen turns gray and freezes up, and then I either have to hit "back" or "refresh" on my browser to unfreeze the screen. I tried turning off the "pop-up blocker" in my "Tools," and that did not fix the problem. For technical info, I have a PC, and my browser is Internet Explorer 11.

Hope someone can help me with this--viewing other member's photos is one of my favorite aspects of bettafish.com! :frown2:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I am having the same problem though some thumbnails I can see, not sure why. I just assumed it was Firefox because it has been a disaster lately.

·
Administrator
1,222 Posts
Hi there,

Can you provide me with links to threads where this is happening to you so that when we test on our end, we can use the same threads?

Thanks,
Yung
So first of all, let me say that I love the new website! Overall, it's been easy to use, and the layout is great! Unfortunately, I now am having problems viewing thumbnail images that are attached to various posts. I never had this problem on the old site, and could easily click on thumbnails to view the full sized image. Now whenever I click on a thumbnail, the whole screen turns gray and freezes up, and then I either have to hit "back" or "refresh" on my browser to unfreeze the screen. I tried turning off the "pop-up blocker" in my "Tools," and that did not fix the problem. For technical info, I have a PC, and my browser is Internet Explorer 11.

Hope someone can help me with this--viewing other member's photos is one of my favorite aspects of bettafish.com! :frown2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
im having this problem now too. not sure if theres anyhting im doing wrong but would definitely appreciate the help and feedback for resolving this issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Possible workaround/cause of issue of thumbnails

After doing some research and troubleshooting it appears that images are not showing only after I login. If I am viewing the page as a guest, the images will load. If I log in, they stop loading. if I log out (and the page is public) then the images will load again. if the page is not public and forces me to login, then the images do not show. I tried this with clearing browsing data and with not clearing data and the results are the same.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm having the same issue, I also cannot press any of the tools (italics, bold, attach, etc) on the 'Go Advanced' reply screen. I have tried reinstalling the browser, using different browsers, logging in and out again, and using different devices with no luck.

"Attached thumbnails" are always blank for me the last few days.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know RusselTheShihTzu is trying to get a hold of the administrators, don't know how well that's going. Chatbox also seems to be messed up.

·
Administrator
1,222 Posts
Hey guys

We got the tech team investigating as we speak. Another site we manage had this issue (or at least a very similiar one) over the weekend that appears to have been resolved, so we will hopefully have a quick fix.

Kevin

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys

We got the tech team investigating as we speak. Another site we manage had this issue (or at least a very similiar one) over the weekend that appears to have been resolved, so we will hopefully have a quick fix.

Kevin
Not sure if you guys need the feedback, but as of an hour or so ago everything seems to be working fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,907 Posts
Thumbnails are back for me, but will I be able to post or get the your post needs to be at least 2 characters long message....

Edit... Yay!!!!! It let me post! *Sings hallelujah*

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hey guys

Kevin
I haven't tried all the functions yet, but it seems everything is working now.

Thank you very much, Kevin and the tech team!! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts