Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my bettas, Captain Shining & Magdalena. What is the exact name for their colors? They both look like cellophanes, but they are quite different from each other.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link! I didn't find one that looked quite like Shining, could he be some kind of pastel? I thought they were both a kind of cellophane 'cause I can see through them some in the right light.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
well, your girl has to be cambodian. Her tail may color up as she is in clean water now. My girl looks exactly like that, little bit of clear on her ends. Sometimes the clear means they are recovering from fin damage so the clear will color up as long as the water is clean. The boy kinda looks pastel or opaque to me. I think that cellophane is even more see through than he is. They are perfect by the way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aww i love them both :)
Thanks! I have 2 ADFs too. They are named Lucy & Ethel (until I find out if they are boys). Here are pics, 1st of Ethel, 2nd of Lucy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, your girl has to be cambodian. Her tail may color up as she is in clean water now. My girl looks exactly like that, little bit of clear on her ends. Sometimes the clear means they are recovering from fin damage so the clear will color up as long as the water is clean. The boy kinda looks pastel or opaque to me. I think that cellophane is even more see through than he is. They are perfect by the way.

Thanks again! It's nice to have a good Idea of what to call them:-D.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Your welcome. I am positive about your girl but I am on the fence between opaque and pastel for the boy. Maybe with some googling you can find your answer. I still have three boys I can't figure out. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.