Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sitting here, on the computer. Caroline's in her tank, doing betta things. i glance over at her, only to see something white floating about, and she's eating them. i freak out, thinking that something, somehow got in her tank. i look over....

she's released eggs all randomly. >.>;

and is eating them. xD

that's normal, right? >.> just making sure Caroline's not weird or anything.

she even put a few up in her self-made bubble nest. x-X is THAT normal?

she now has a round, plump belly, full of eggs. xD again.

i've never had a female do that before. o.0 it freaked me out, but now i'm giggling. x-X Caroline... you're a special fish now.

and, she's still doing it. >.>; i caught her releasing them. why over the Java moss, Caroline? Dx now you lost some!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i'm sitting here, on the computer. Caroline's in her tank, doing betta things. i glance over at her, only to see something white floating about, and she's eating them. i freak out, thinking that something, somehow got in her tank. i look over....

she's released eggs all randomly. >.>;

and is eating them. xD

that's normal, right? >.> just making sure Caroline's not weird or anything.

she even put a few up in her self-made bubble nest. x-X is THAT normal?

she now has a round, plump belly, full of eggs. xD again.

i've never had a female do that before. o.0 it freaked me out, but now i'm giggling. x-X Caroline... you're a special fish now.

and, she's still doing it. >.>; i caught her releasing them. why over the Java moss, Caroline? Dx now you lost some!

she will release them but ALWAYs have some brewing i suppose. the eggs clearly wont hatch but points for her trying silly darlin'. they have nutrients that she may benefit from and she may like the taste

so yes its normal for her to drop and eat them ive not heard of a female trying to nest on her own though lol

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll have to find the camera and take a pic before she gets hungry again. she's scooting about, looking for ones she missed. x3 so cute. <3 i'm a bit worried, though. D: she's huge now, full from all the eggs and a tad floaty now. D:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
maybe fast her next meal (skip the next feeding)

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already told her no food for a day or two. >.>; she's all fat, and still looking for more eggs! Dx

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you. :3 she's not done it sense. it scared me at first, because i didn't know WHAT was floating in her tank! xD i adore my little girl. <3

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh my gosh that is soooo cute. She wants eggs for brekkie, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts