Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
How is he doing? I agree with what Katy wrote. Also does he has any visual symptoms on his body like white patches, foes he look like he is trying to scratch himself on the gravel, plant,side of thank? Is he darting like crazy? Those symptoms for ich.

Also while you keep eye on him do not share anything between him and other bettas in case he is contagious.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
i know i paranoid but I think better safe than sorry..I would always quarantine every new fish that you get. I saw the post when someone put new female in 10 gall sorority and got all tank contaminated. So be careful with new fish , new plants.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Just an update, mr. fish is doing great! He is very happy! And we got our first bubble nests from or boys this weekend! Very exiting for us because I read that they only blue them when they are happy!

And the girls are doing great! I did separate them for a day but they seemed very stresses out to be apart. So I tried something new, and went against my better judgment, I put them back together but in a smaller tank. Oddly, the two seemed so happy to be reunited! They swim together and don't pick on each other they way I thought they would! They love being in the same tank! So I have decided to hereto them together and keep a close eye on them. Thank you for all of your help!

I never had girls but i read that it should be no less than 5 of them together. So i think you will have to really keep eye on them and make sure they will not get aggressive toward each other later...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.