Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was just curious. Is it possible for bettas to change personality as you own them? I rescued a betta in November that was in a cold tank in an art installation at my school. He came to me with pretty nasty fin rot but that was the only major problem with him. Since I've got him he has always been pretty laid back and curious. However recently he has been flaring more often, especially me if I get too close to his tank. He as been making more bubble nests lately as well.

I tested the water and the levels are all 0 and ph is neutral. The only noticeable thing wrong with him is still some regrowth to do in his fins.

Should I be concerned or is this totally normal and I'm just freaking out for no reason?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would only be concerned if you noticed the reverse: a trend toward less activity/aggression/interest. If he seems more upbeat and active that's probably okay and part of the healing process (unless it's excessive or something, idk). A decrease in activity could mean some sort of illness or indication of a bad environment, but an increase seems like a pretty positive thing to me.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know :) I'm happy to see him perk up as well. He has such bad fin rot when I rescued him that I wasn't sure he was going to make it. He is a VT or DT (i'm not sure which one since the rot was so bad) and it looked like he was a PK when i got him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.