Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two tanks. They both get the same maitenece. I have a femal betta in one and a male betta in the other. The male betta was far more aggressive and he had a pond snail problem. I got a loach for the snail problems but I didn't want to put it in the tank with the agreesive betta so, I removed the bettas from each tank and put the male betta into the snail free tank. Both tanks are the same temperature but he was sitting out for a few minutes, so I may have temperature shocked him or something? Was it putting him in the females old water maybe? I had also just done a water change.
He kind just laid at the bottom of the tank for a while. I though he might be dying but he got through it and was then contorting his body at the top of the tank. Now, its been about 48 hours he didn't die, but his temperament has completely changed he used to flair and come up to me and now he just hides when I come up. I feel so irresponsible and I know I made mistakes being in a hurry. I am wondering if you guys know exactly what I did and if he will ever get back to normal?

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
Can you get a picture of both tanks.
Do a couple more partial water changes with him and see how he fares.
If it's stress related, he'll be back to normal in short order. If he starts to decline, we may need more information for a proper diagnosis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get a picture of both tanks.
Do a couple more partial water changes with him and see how he fares.
If it's stress related, he'll be back to normal in short order. If he starts to decline, we may need more information for a proper diagnosis.
I can post some photos later this evening when i get home. Is it possible you could help me with my other question regarding the female betta's water chemistry?

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
I can't really say for sure, you would have to get the water tested and provide test results.
There is an outside chance that the female may have had a disease that got transferred to the male when you put him in the tank, but given the speed with which he declined and that you haven't noticed anything odd going on with the female, I doubt that is the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.