Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of things you can place in a fish tank?

I have a 1 gallon currently, and I wanted to know if there was any decorations I could get from a hardware store or dollar store, for a tank, such as candle lights? :p

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
You can go to a craft store and get glass beads/decor, just make sure it doesn't have a coating

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
what I did once before I made my tank into a natural look, was get some white pipes and glue gravel around it. it looks really nice and it is cheep! here are some pictures of mine:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
The pipes are from Menards (about $2.99)
the gravel from a pet store. (about $5.00)
A hot glue gun.
Or if you don't have that I used Aquarium sealant (7.00) That is safe for tanks that you can also get at Menards.

I just spread the sealant around the pipe and sprinkle the small gravel until it stuck on and fell in place.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Doesn't get any cheaper than free rocks/driftwood gathered from outdoors. That's where most of my tanks' decorations came from. Just make sure that any rocks/wood you collect are clean, have never been near pesticides/chemicals, and are a safe type to put in fish tanks. I found this article helpful: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/rock_metals.php

Otherwise, I've heard of people getting cheap decorative rocks from garden/hardware stores. They're used for landscaping. Make sure they haven't been painted or treated with anything, of course.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Doesn't get any cheaper than free rocks/driftwood gathered from outdoors. That's where most of my tanks' decorations came from. Just make sure that any rocks/wood you collect are clean, have never been near pesticides/chemicals, and are a safe type to put in fish tanks. I found this article helpful: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/rock_metals.php

Otherwise, I've heard of people getting cheap decorative rocks from garden/hardware stores. They're used for landscaping. Make sure they haven't been painted or treated with anything, of course.
Agreed! I got a nice rock for my 5 gallon just in my back yard. XD

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Good things to know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts