Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. for whatever reason, for the past two days I have been catching Goliath jumping into his tankmate Soldier's section. The first time was at feeding time too, so maybe Goliath has been hopping over whenever he sees me coming.. maybe not. I'm not certain how long he stays in there, I just notice whenever I'm doing feeding. Anyway, last time they didn't fight or anything.. I put food in for Soldier & then was looking for Goliath when he came wagging up to the top of Soldier's section and began eating. THIS time, I saw it, caught a picture of them chowing down, fetched Goliath out and lowered the water level.

Anyway, it's a pretty cute picture:

They're chilling like bros.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Interesting.

·
Registered
366 Posts
very interesting! Amazing, they seem to be totally ignoring one another.... So who's who? Who yer little jumper!?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The green one is, that one's Goliath. haha. yeah, it's weird.. i was chasing goliath with the cup and they ran into each other, no flaring or anything.. it's crazy! haha.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Haha I have a betta that likes to do that...he will jump up for food sometimes and end up on the other side of the tank with another male but they don't flare or fight either.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Since I noticed you made a divider from craft canvas you could also make a jump guard from it. I have them in all of my tanks. Just cut a piece of the plastic to sit on top of the divider and the rim of the aquarium. I like to have about 4 inches on either side.

You are playing with fire there. While you have been there to get them back to their respective sides, you never know when you might come back from a long day and find a dead betta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts