Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new fish I got not long back was sick in the store and died soon after I brought him home, I think of some kind of fungus. :( But I want to reuse his tank and fake plant, but I'm worried about passing on any disease to my other fish. What's the best way to clean a plastic tank (I use for travel) and those "silk" fake plants?

So far I've just rinsed thoroughly in hot water. I heard something about a vinegar solution, but will that be okay on the silk plant? Should I just throw the plant out?

· Registered
7,339 Posts
1/20 bleach solution for the tank, heater, anything plastic I'm not sure about the silk plant since I don't own any. Let it sit for awhile. Gravel should be baked to kill bacteria. Rinse VERY well. Let everything that was bleached sit in sunlight for a few days to neutralize the bleach. Rinse again.

· Registered
672 Posts
I did what MrVampire wrote. It was plastic tank. I just wash it like crazy and left it on the sun for a few days. But i really would not keep silk plants though. Also i soak the heater in the water just to make sure no bleach left in there. I had plastic top on that heater and i was afraid that bleach can be inside of that plastic because it had space between plastic and heater.

I am wondering how long and what temperature you have to bake the gravel?

I am so paranoid i would just keep the tank..

· Registered
7,339 Posts
450F for about an hour. That'll kill everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.