Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boyfriend's fish Sashimi is in a 3 gallon unfiltered glass bowl with stones. We recently just got the fish a new silk plant and a little statue and did a full water change yesterday, but now the tank is weirdly cloudy. (like milky cloudy...white). We use tap water to fill the tanks, always have, and treat it with water conditioner. Why is his water all cloudy?! I've never had this happen before, and we did the exact same thing with all the other tanks on the same day, but only Sashimi's tank is cloudy... also, this happened 24 hours after the tank water was changed. It was perfectly clear before the fish was placed in the bowl.

Help help~

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
It could be from the statue. Just to be safe I always soak new decorations in water over night.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be from the statue. Just to be safe I always soak new decorations in water over night.
Yeah we scrubbed the crap out of the new plants/statue.... cold water no soap... maybe we'll take them out and try again. I was worried that might be what it was, and was hoping it wasn't anything to do with the cycle or bacteria x.x

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Hopefully! sometimes just scrubbing isn't enough. take them out, soak them in conditioned water over night, then see if the paint is peeling or if they smell or if they make that water cloudy.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they've already been in water for almost 48 hours, water wasn't cloudy until last night. Was fine in the morning... it was so sudden it was weird. We're going to do a 100% change again, and test to see if its the decorations.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Returned the decor, went with more silk plants instead. No more cloudy water! Dang. I wish there was some sort of thread that had a list of decor people have had problems with :T

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think I saw a thread on here somewhere about dangerous decor, did you happen to get a pic of the one you took back? Glad you could take back and get silk plants instead!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I saw a thread on here somewhere about dangerous decor, did you happen to get a pic of the one you took back? Glad you could take back and get silk plants instead!
These are the times we ended up returning because they clouded the water. The "Pagoda On Rock" thing didn't react until a few hours before we decided to return the buddha thing. To bad, the fish really seemed to like it. Now poor Sashimi's tank just has a little silk plant it it. Kinda lonesome looking. Any suggestions?
http://www.petsmart.com/gsi/webstor...ferralID=99c299a4-d611-11e3-91da-001b2166c62d

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/or...300071?var_id=36-17844&_t=pfm=recently_viewed

I also have this item, but it has never had a bad reaction:
http://www.petsmart.com/fish/decor-...-catid-300014?var_id=36-17464&_t=pfm=category

**Can't do live plants because allergies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got little clay pots, from Walmart and from Dollar Tree- 3 for $1. Not sure my fish like them though, soaked them good...
We need to add these other things to the list of bad decor, need to find that thread....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts