Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my boy Vino about three months ago and he is the best. When i got him it didn’t mention anything about him being a giant betta but after getting my other bettas I noticed that he is very big compared to them, his head shape is also a little wonky. He is one of the most beautiful bettas i have seen (probably biased) and after breeding my other boy, Poseidon, i feel like breeding Vino. Does coast gem have breeding quality fish or best not to breed bettas from them?
Peafowl Plant Water Bird Organism

Water Plant Organism Fish Underwater

·
Registered
Amadeus, Newt, Starburst, and 2 Betta edithae.
54 Posts
Wow, Vino is stunning! I can’t speak for Coast Gem, not being too experienced with them personally, but I believe I have heard that the head shape is known as a “spoon head” and have heard from some that it is a normal, harmless head shape & from others that it can indicate inbreeding and thus may hint at genetic concerns… Not sure which is the truth, hopefully someone here knows!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, Vino is stunning! I can’t speak for Coast Gem, not being too experienced with them personally, but I believe I have heard that the head shape is known as a “spoon head” and have heard from some that it is a normal, harmless head shape & from others that it can indicate inbreeding and thus may hint at genetic concerns… Not sure which is the truth, hopefully someone here knows!
Thank you!

·
Registered
~Neo (♂ betta) ~Lucy (♀ platy) ~Andromeda (♀ molly) ~Otto (♂ oto catfish) ~Archibald ( ♂ mys. snail)
337 Posts
Beautiful! I wouldn't know about the breeding question you asked, but I just wanted to say how beautiful he is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts