Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 year old grandson decided to dump a container full of coffee creamer into one of my Beta tanks. I wasn't home and he was with a sitter. The sitter got my Betta " Dumbo" out and he seems fine. I cleaned the tank and everything in it but i am worried about Dumbo. What else can I do to not stress him to much? He seems to be ok so far. What should I watch out for?
Worried in Wisconsin 馃槩
Thank you for helping me out...

Registered
6 Bettas, 4 Snails, 2 Shrimp, 2 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
My 2 year old grandson decided to dump a container full of coffee creamer into one of my Beta tanks. I wasn't home and he was with a sitter. The sitter got my Betta " Dumbo" out and he seems fine. I cleaned the tank and everything in it but i am worried about Dumbo. What else can I do to not stress him to much? He seems to be ok so far. What should I watch out for?
Worried in Wisconsin 馃槩
Thank you for helping me out...
Oh no, I'm glad he's alright though!

I've never heard of/been in this situation, but I would just watch him for signs of illness/stress. Just the usual, clamped fins, lethargy, no appetite, ect. Or if he starts finbiting (similar to finrot except fins can literally disappear overnight and have rounded/U shaped/edged bites in them).
Something that might help is an Indian Almond Leaf (IAL), they have antifungal, antibacterial, and calming properties! Also, you could try to sticking to your normal routine for him as much as possible, like us they can get stressed with new things.
Hope this helps! (And sorry if you already know all this)

Reactions: tattoochick1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no, I'm glad he's alright though!

I've never heard of/been in this situation, but I would just watch him for signs of illness/stress. Just the usual, clamped fins, lethargy, no appetite, ect. Or if he starts finbiting (similar to finrot except fins can literally disappear overnight and have rounded/U shaped/edged bites in them).
Something that might help is an Indian Almond Leaf (IAL), they have antifungal, antibacterial, and calming properties! Also, you could try to sticking to your normal routine for him as much as possible, like us they can get stressed with new things.
Hope this helps! (And sorry if you already know all this)
Thank you so much for writing to me. I really appreciate it. I just ordered Almond Leafs from Amazon, since my Pet store ran out of them.

Registered
I agree with my colleagues and will add that if you broke down the tank and cleaned everything, then set it up again, the tank will probably cycle again so keep monitoring the water parameters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts