Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply adore the color on these two, and (assuming*praying* I'm not outbid) intend to import them from Thailand as my first breeding stock. Since they're rays and such are so easy to see, I am looking for feedback on what conformation the fry of these two might have.

Male:

Female:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You know the Koi coloration is just a fancy word breeders use for marble right? Meaning the nice separation of color they have will most likely blend together as time goes on. If you don't mind that great but just thought I'd let you know if you were trying to breed for that coloration.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You know the Koi coloration is just a fancy word breeders use for marble right? Meaning the nice separation of color they have will most likely blend together as time goes on. If you don't mind that great but just thought I'd let you know if you were trying to breed for that coloration.
Yes, I'm aware. It appears quite a few of fish from their spawn are also on aquabid with various patterning.(Yellow, blue, white and red marbles) I want to breed for marble/multicolored fish with yellow in the mix, so these two fit my needs; also, I have personally wanted fish with this pattern just because I love it and want to adorn my tanks with them. :)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I like this pair a lot. Good fin and form.

Assymetrical fin wise and VERY nice. If you plan on short fin halfmoons then their anal fins will need work but for assymetrical they are very nice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It really depends on what the parents were. They could have come from a mixed parentage, and therefore the kids could end up looking nothing like the parents... But it would be worth a try!

Jeff.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
really nice looking pair.
both really have nice top line
down fall
don't expect the fish to stay the same color

1 - 7 of 7 Posts