Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like your guy’s input on my “color changing” betta. I’ve had Rio for around 2 years now and he started changing colors from a dark blue/black to a pretty metallic blue with (gold?) on his fins. I recently updated his tank to a ten gallon. I’ll include pictures. (He was trying his best to flare and be territorial, he’s a scared little thing, lol.) Any reasons this happens? He had a fin biting thing, which he’s know stopped but his fins are still growing back, which was why the gold on his fins was weird to me. I kept telling myself that it was just the aftermath from fin biting, but I just am not sure. I was worried about fin rot. He doesn’t ever flare his fins. If you guys think it is fin rot I can repost (lol) this to diseases and emergencies.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As you can see his upper body/ fins and a few scales on his head and eye is changing with the rest of his body remaining blackish blue.
He recently got an injury from a hide so I’ve been treating him with frequent water changes and IAL.

·
Super Moderator
19,866 Posts
Hard to tell with those photos. Hard to get detailed pictures of dark fish. Did you use a flash?

The gold is most likely iridescence. There is Velvet but it can only be seen using a flashlight in a dark tank; not with the naked eye.

BTW, only Mods can move threads/posts. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll try to get more photos. He’s always been sort of lethargic and never really flares so it’s hard to get a good pic.

·
Super Moderator
19,866 Posts
I think he's fine. They do change color and sometimes injured areas will even come back a different color.

As long as fish are eating and acting their normal selves they are usually okay....if there aren't any outwardly visible issues like bloating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts