Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would the likely colors be that resulted from Kisa (pictured below, note flash used in first to help bring out any iridescent she may have) and a pure white (as far as I could tell) HM male?
View attachment 347434 View attachment 347450

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
Orange = cambodian, red, NR, blond (at least) . . . but it seems your orange has irids too
white = cambodian, steel blue, NR, blond, pastel (not sure if this is a gene of its own)

Theoretically you can expect to see cambodian patterns, pastel, grizzle, cellophane. Since you are mixing a red and irid line, you should end up with multis (irid red or vise versa) and red fins with irid rays in other colors.

Form wise: less ray is dominant over excessive rays. The female has 2 rays. If the male has 4 rays, fry would mainly be 2 ray and (if lucky) few 4 ray. If male is 8 ray, fry should be 2-4 ray (closer percentage) - in short, you will get VT and delta tail.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks indjo. Very informative. Sounds like a fun mix of patterns. And as I am going to be breeding for look instead of for show, I am okay with them being mostly veil tail. Hopefully the white HM I saw is still available. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and by look, I mean that I want to breed beautiful, healthy fish. And the male was still there, so I now have Yue and a few months to acquire the needed foods, one more large tank with another sponge filter, and a bunch of mason jars. Got everything else. Here he is. More of a super delta than HM, but he has at least 6 rays, if not 8.
View attachment 348074

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks BlueLacee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts