Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped by 2 LPS today and saw 3 great betta though i cant take anymore just yet until i drop back down to 4 betta. 2 were yellow cellophane HM and the 3rd was a CT that was either grey silver with a very small touch of blue. it could've been a result from black/blue mix lineage. that one was very tempting despite the situation and the hard water i have locally.

no LPS sell PKs here and only one LFS/LRS can make contact with the breeder. i think i'll go with that store when the time comes for another betta. im getting a bit bored of long tail betta. dont get me wrong, i wont do anything bad to the current ones. i will still continue to take good care of them. id like some variety ie other tail types for next betta. id be interested in traditional PK. what colours do you commonly find PK have when you drop by the betta? i know its going to depend on the supplier but i have no idea on what colour type id like on a PK atm.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
My LPS only sells dragon plakats, so there's mainly red and white, but with varying shades of red.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
the only two true PKs my lps has sold were both wild-colored.... black with blue and red on the fins. the only two HMPKs they've sold were both white, but i'm sure they can get other colors if i ask. x-x

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thank you for the replies. i'll have to ask them to find out which sort of colors the breeder has first. thats the thing i hate and love about Bettas, some many colours that its hard to make a choice if i dont know what's availble. a pure red traditional PK would sound nice. the pure red VTs is saw all look very nice even if they are only 1 color. the shop that supplies this LFS/LRS gets yellow cellophane betta. maybe a yellow PK would be too specific to have :s. i dont know if these yellow betta were there long but its the first shop to have such colours.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Plakat bettas can be in any color that long fins have.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately that's what is making my colour choice so hard to decide upon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts