Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a little betta when I was at the pet store a couple of weeks ago. He was still there when I went back to the store last week. I just couldn’t get the little guy out of my mind! So I went back yesterday and brought him home.

I recently took advantage of the Petco 50% off sale to get the 20 gallon tank I’ve been planning. The idea is to move my king betta to the 20 gallon which would free up one of the 3 smaller tanks I have.

So the new boy is currently in a 2 gallon critter keeper until there’s a free tank to move him to.

Without further ado, meet Fynn. The name means “bright or fair” which is a pretty good description of the little guy. He’s very light with a pale gold iridescence.

His cup was nasty! Green water with a crazy high ammonia content. The tube on the right was his cup when I got him home. The one on the left is from one of my other tanks. Instantly dosed with Prime to get him through the long acclimation process to fresh, clean water.
Cloud Sky Liquid Water Drinkware

Font Gas Cylinder Flooring Drink

Slowly added drops of the new water into his cup.
Liquid Food Solution Juice Fluid

Exploring his new environment. He’s so little! The thermometer fascinates him. And it shows how small he is in comparison.
Plant Interior design Houseplant Glass Gas
Liquid Water Drinkware Fluid Barware

He hasn’t even been here a full 24 hours yet but he’s loving the North Fin betta pellets and he built a tiny little bubble nest!
Liquid Hood Water Fluid Plant

And he’s currently relaxing from his bubble nest building in his floating Java moss bed.
Plant Light Green Terrestrial plant Liquid

He has Java fern and moss, along with water spangles and I’m ordering a small sponge filter that will get here midweek. There are a couple of pieces of pvc as hides. I’ll keep it bare bottom so it’s easier to keep clean. I’m also using Stress Guard to promote healing of his tattered fins.

I really didn’t need to add more work for myself but I guess this little guy has other plans.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 1 Madagascar hisser, 3 Halloween hissers
3,438 Posts
Don't you just love the little guys that get stuck in your head? They have no idea how much "trouble" they've caused!

Precious baby though, love his name too!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the TINIEST filter imaginable for Fynn’s little temporary tank. It’s more for water movement than actual filtration since I have no intention to cycle the tank.

The new addition to his tank didn’t phase him in the slightest.
Plant Wood Houseplant Flooring Window

1 - 9 of 9 Posts