Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved my betta from a 1 gallon tank (unheated/unfiltered) into a 5 gallon heated and filtered. Yesterday I bought the filter and put it in and a few hours later the water was cloudy. So once I got home I switched him back into his old tank and cleaned the 5 gallon one and I tested the waters and let the water filter through for about 15 hours. This morning I put him back into his 5 gallon tank and the water has been fine but he's been stressed ever since and acting like a completely different fish. He usually loves to eat and will jump and take food off my finger but completely ignored the pellets this morning. (I am going to buy some blood worms but they do not sell them at my local pet shop so I need to make a trip for them). He even flared at me which never usually happens. He's been hiding in the corner between the filter and heater. He also seems to have mild bloating so yesterday I fed him a pea and he ate three pieces. He pooped this morning but still seems bloated. I'm not going to feed him for a few days and when I feed him the pellets again I am going to soak them before.

Sorry this is so long lol

He has been swimming around rather slowly and was hiding in his little castle. His fins are a little close to his body and I'm not sure if he's sick or if it's just way too much change too quickly. I'm worried and I don't want him to die. I also cannot get out to buy any medicine because we are currently having a snow storm. :(

So my question is, do you have any thoughts or advice? I apologise for basically writing an essay lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I just tested the water, the nitrates and nitrites are safe. The water is "very hard". The alkalinity is at 180 and the pH is between 7.8 and 8.4
I have jungle ammonia clear tabs and I also have the correct pH tabs. should I use a pH tablet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay please ignore this whole thing i'm going to post a new one with proper information but i'm new to this website and do not know how to delete this thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts