Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
How long have you had him? If not long, then yes, it's perfectly normal. If you've had him a while, as long as he's not ill, it could just be his personality.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Then yes, it's perfectly normal. He's getting used to his new surroundings, and as he learns that you aren't a predator and are instead the source of his food, he will probably begin to hide less. Also, if he doesn't eat much or at all, that's normal with new fish as well.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then yes, it's perfectly normal. He's getting used to his new surroundings, and as he learns that you aren't a predator and are instead the source of his food, he will probably begin to hide less. Also, if he doesn't eat much or at all, that's normal with new fish as well.
He actually feeds very well, quite aggressive actually. Speaking of which, he just came out of hiding and is darting around like a crazy man:shock: haha. But thanks you, now I feel much better knowing he isn't sick or anything.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've had my one boy for a couple of weeks now and he's only now warming up to me. He'd dart away every time I came near and hide, but today he was out and about flaring at my phone while I was taking pics. He too eats quite aggressively and attacks his food lol. Give it time, it sounds like he's warming up already. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had my one boy for a couple of weeks now and he's only now warming up to me. He'd dart away every time I came near and hide, but today he was out and about flaring at my phone while I was taking pics. He too eats quite aggressively and attacks his food lol. Give it time, it sounds like he's warming up already. :)
Well, everytime I walk up to the tank, he swims up and looks at me, sometimes wiggles around while opening and closing his mouth. I just bought him a cave and put it in yesterday, and he's spent a lot of time in it. I was just curious if he was just checking out his new hiding spot or if he could possibly be getting sick. But it sounds like he's all right, so I'm happy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts