Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have conditioned my marble crowntail and roundtail female for the last few weeks. They are healthy and happy. I have tanks and containers, but now comes the tricky part... the intros. My gal of choice, Rosey, is a real sweety. I worry about how she and Kyle will get along.

I'm not new at breeding fish, but I am new at breeding Bettas. Any last minute advice?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rosey is floating in the breeding tank now in half of a coca cola bottle (washed of course). After circling her for a second and getting in a good view, Kyle starts flaring. Rosey looks unphased, but the stripes are appearing on her side. A lot of color is coming to her fins, and she's keeping a close eye on him. Kyle is sort of hiding in a corner now. He'll come out, look at her, go back, blow a few bubbles, then repeat the process all over again. When he comes up to rosey's bottle, she'll tilt to the side towards him... eager girl!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took her out of the bottle, but he still wouldn't bubble nest. She was getting pretty stressed. I removed her. Perhaps I will try again another time. :(

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Gotta give 'em time! :D I'd leave my girls in their seperated sections for a couple days before I'd let them out. Or as soon as they looked ready and the male made a bubblenest. Sometimes it takes a while for instinct to kick in :) Breeding bettas is totally a waiting game haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts