Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today my cambodian red CT female was found dead at the bottom of her tank after just recently getting over a bad case of ick. she was the mother of my most recent failed spawn attempt and i believe it ick may have been the reason for their sudden death after 2 weeks of life..

On a brighter note, the cycle of life continues and on monday my cambodian turquoise CT female/ blue and red CT male spawn became a success and about a hundred fry were born. today is day 3 and although i lost my fav female this morning, it makes me smile to see my lil fry free swimming and getting strong each hour, hopfully this litter will be a success and my leap year wont be a total bummer,

Wish them luck

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss I know it doesn't help, but that happens to all of us.
On a brighter note, that pic of the fry is wonderful. When I try to get fry shots, all you can see is little dots.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a $600 camera and when i go to take pics they are dots, but then i use my cellphone, they come out pretty clear... its crazy theres not many fry in the picture because they started free swimming today and getting stronger/ faster by the minute..

im a lil nervous though because feeding fry is a new thing for me, i have bbs, vinegar eels and micro worms but im nervous i may not feed enough, or too much and i dont want them to die

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Well if they are 3 days old I would say to wait another 2 days to be sure that they can swim to it. The natural instinct to eat food will be present very soon after the two days. I usually Feed my fry after a week and they are choosing down a lot by that time.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your ct female. She was beautiful and hopefully you get another later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.