Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was gone for a little bit and this morning I was checking on my bettas to make sure they were ok. When I looked in Cheng's tank I see she has built a bubble nest and there are eggs in it! The reason I am confused is because without a male, how did she build the bubble nest and get the eggs in?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
LOL, thats awesome... but i have no farther answers...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I moved the eggs to Fhils tank and he's already taking care of them, but pls anybody what do I do???????

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
how did you move them?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got them onto this plastic thing that kept them in water and gently got them into his tanbk, now he's moved them around and has them all situated and is gaurding them

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
No point in moving them. They weren't fertilized in the first place.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the thing MisterVamp, if you've read some of my previous posts, I was stupid enough to keep a female and male together before, so the eggs might be fertilized! Is there anyway to tell?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Male and female must embrace for the eggs to be fertilized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QRbHkmyQ10

Females often build nests and drop the eggs and tend to them for a few days then eat them. For the eggs to actually produce fry the spawning process must occur.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Eggs hatch in 24 hours usually. They are not fertilized.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but they weren't layedd last night, I checked on my bettas before, the had to be layed between midnight and about eight thirty this morning

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Were they together this morning?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Remove them now.

The eggs are NOT fertile. NEVER put two bettas together unless you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
In order for the eggs to be fertilized, the male and female have to be together in order to fertilize the eggs. The male has to wrap the female in order to fertilize the eggs. From what you've posted, it doesn't seem that the two were together to actually fertilize the eggs.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, I have them together now because I want them to fertilize the eggs that are keft in her, because there are some

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
No offense but if you did not know the eggs weren't fertilized then you probably shouldn't be breeding bettas... you'll just end up with dead fry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts