Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed that Mojo has a greenish white-ish coloration (Well it looks like color) to him near his ventral fins and it's slowly spreading up his face. He's had a bit of this color ever since I got him like 2 months back and none of my other fish have it. He also looks like he has some scales coming off the top of his head? Should I be concerned?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would be concerned with the scales coming off... the color thing might be a form of ich. I would put in some ich drops and a little aquarium salt. What tank size do you have him in? I would move him to a small maybe 1 gallon tank with a temp of 80F. That should keep him warm. He also might just be stressed with the scales coming off. I hope he gets better...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's super active and acts like he usually does, always nipping at my fingers and swimming happily. Would he be acting differently with ich? I'll keep an eye on him. He's in a 10 gallon with 4 guppies, 2 loaches and a snail.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It just looks like his coloring/pattern to me. If it has spread for over two months than most likely his color is still developing on him, and many times bettas get more colorful or change colors once they live in an appropriate, stable environment...this is GOOD! If none of the other fish show signs of illness than most likely your betta is healthy. Ich spreads fast and the other fish would have definitely been affected by it by now. Just FYI, Ich is easy to get rid of even without any medications. Just raise the temp to around 86 degrees and keep it there for 2 weeks. The ich will die off eventually. I think you have nothing to worry about at this point though.

Reactions: Hallyx
1 - 7 of 7 Posts