Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
username: colorxmexravyne
reason for wanting plants: I've actually been slowly saving up & gathering the supplies to start a NPT. After visiting the bettafish forums, I saw just how marvelous those jungle-looking type of tank were and I've been deadset on starting my own since then. Being that I'm a college student with barely any income, I'm having to do everything one baby step at a time. I started with the light, then fertilizer and I'm slowly moving on to plants. I plan on purchasing the actual tank (5gal kit from Walmart!) and *appropriate* substrate sometime around/after Christmas. Until then, all the plants I purchase are being put in my current 5gal so that they remain healthy and continue to grow. So far, I've only really purchased stem plants, but I would love to branch out to others, namely anubias, amazon swords and java fern.

updated list:
3. xshainax
12. mplsmommy
19. A123andpoof
55. Tikibirds

77. DMSantana
233. sandrac8388
423. colorxmexravyne
466. Phaydra
706. aemaki09

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for the tip aokashi. I'll definitely have to find something to prop the light piece of the hood up. Thank goodness it's a separate piece from the rest of the hood.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey aokashi, is it okay if I post a pic of my tank? The pic I have right now doesn't have a proper bulb in the tank hood, but I'm going to look at lights today. Plus my camera is MIA so I won't be able to post an updated pic :-(

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Aokashi I would enter but I have too many plants, after Sakura gets hers I am gonna see how much I have left. I will do an RAOK (Random Act of Kindness) as well.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
When is the end date for this contest?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
username: Viva
reason for wanting plants: I've had a 10g planted tank for a few years now but recently I had to completely redo my tank (new substrate, new bulb, completely cleaned it out) because of a serious tank crash. Many of the plants made it but some died off, including the Frogbit, most of the Hornwort and Crystalwort. Right now all my plants are showing signs of growth after about a week and a half since its been redone. I'd like to get rid of the large fake plant in the left corner and fill its place with a real plant.
Picture:

updated list:
3. xshainax
12. mplsmommy
19. A123andpoof
55. Tikibirds
77. DMSantana
233. sandrac8388
423. colorxmexravyne
466. Phaydra
616. Viva
706. aemaki09

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey aokashi, is it okay if I post a pic of my tank? The pic I have right now doesn't have a proper bulb in the tank hood, but I'm going to look at lights today. Plus my camera is MIA so I won't be able to post an updated pic :-(
sure :) go ahead!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm sure you can get a plant friendly light for that hood :) ask around ^___^ ive seen ppl on here with the same tank.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will enter my NPT as soon as I'm done cleaning it :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
http://imgur.com/OaQRx
snc6/229898_10151935585061564_1040755925_n.jpg

User: WhiskandBowl
Reason for wanting plants: Well, as you can see, my tank is pretty bare. Silk plants around here cost around $7 each! Crazy!
A NPT is so intruguing to me and I love how they look

updated list:
3. xshainax
12. mplsmommy
19. A123andpoof
55. Tikibirds
77. DMSantana
143. Whiskandbowl
233. sandrac8388
423. colorxmexravyne
466. Phaydra
616. Viva
706. aemaki09

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bryanacute
image.jpg
Reason./ the picture is of my sorority tank. I want to turn It into a breeding tank. I already have a different tank for the females. I need plants because of the price of everything else I need for the tank. I can't afford to buy the plants themselves.
Number. 515

·
Registered
109 Posts

I would like to take some of my swords out of this tank to put into my Chi (it will be modded when I move the plants). I would like something other than swords in my 10 gallon and a lot of the swords are getting huge. I am on a very limited budget. Thanks :)

updated list:
3. xshainax
12. mplsmommy
19. A123andpoof
35. Jessie1990
55. Tikibirds
77. DMSantana
143. Whiskandbowl
233. sandrac8388
423. colorxmexravyne
466. Phaydra
616. Viva
706. aemaki09

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bryanacute
View attachment 70061
Reason./ the picture is of my sorority tank. I want to turn It into a breeding tank. I already have a different tank for the females. I need plants because of the price of everything else I need for the tank. I can't afford to buy the plants themselves.
Number. 515
Updated list.
3 xshainax
12 mplsmommy
19 A123andpoof
35 Jessie1990
55 TikiBirds
77 DMSantana
143 Whiskandbowl
233 Sandrac8388
423 colorxnexravyne
466 Phaydra