Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to update:
This is crazy, but The Maestro is almost healed. :) Who knew the power of TLC ? I have no clue what his mystery illness is and soon-to-be was (whether is was a tumor, cyst, fatty liver disease). The Maestro and I want to thank all of you for your kind words and powerful stories. It really helped us get through it. :) Thank you!

That is terrific news, I am so happy for you both!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Contest is closed!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to update:
This is crazy, but The Maestro is almost healed. :) Who knew the power of TLC ? I have no clue what his mystery illness is and soon-to-be was (whether is was a tumor, cyst, fatty liver disease). The Maestro and I want to thank all of you for your kind words and powerful stories. It really helped us get through it. :) Thank you!
Oh that is such fantastic news!!! I am so hapoy to hear that the Maestro is doing well..there is a lot of magic in TLC..I do feel it can overcome much illness:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks DQ, but you can leave it open, in case there are others who read the stories and want to comment later on.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting this; To all you betta rescuers, in our upcoming forum newsletter, we will have a betta rescue of the week section. If you would like to enter your rescue, please go to the link below for more information: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=113045

Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh that is such fantastic news!!! I am so hapoy to hear that the Maestro is doing well..there is a lot of magic in TLC..I do feel it can overcome much illness:)
That is terrific news, I am so happy for you both!!!
WOW, great news indeed! Glad the little guy is doing better! Keep us posted!
Thank you! Since I can't update my picture on my entry, here is an updated picture of him: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=104455&page=8
He looks even better than his updated picture! I'm so excited! :) Thank you all again for your support!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Guys, just wanted to update everyone on where we are at. All the judges (Mo, LebronTheBetta, teeneythebetta, and Megacoolguy10) have the compiled stories. As soon as I have all their results, I'll announce the winner.. Hopefully around early next week. Please stay tuned!

A big thank you again to the judges (applause everyone). This wouldnt have been possible without them stepping up to the plate!

Almost forgot, a round of applause to all the contestants! As someone said earlier, you are all winners already for saving and making better the lives of those little aquatic pals..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a lot of respect for those of you who pick the sickest looking betta in the tank, not the healthiest and best-looking; I know it is not the easiest thing to do. Thank you for doing what you do and good luck in the future!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Good luck everybody! You all are inspirations to me and I look forward to hearing about your next rescue attempts.

To DiiQue you are a wonderful person to try and host a contest for people that rescue Betta's. Thanks for the opportunity to have our stories be heard!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Sorry for the delay in the results. We lost one of the judges - Mo (as many of you are probably aware) so am waiting on the results from the replacement judge (megacoolguy10). If I dont hear back by Wednesday, I will become an "emergency judge" so a winner can be announced.

Again, I hate to keep everyone waiting on this and we will get something out before this week is out. Thanks for your continued patience and please bear with us.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have so much respect for each and every one of you who have rescued bettas and you all inspired me to rescue a little guy today. He has parasites and is extremely emaciated and lethargic. He's only got about two inches of water so he can reach the top, but i don't think he'll make it to tonight. At least I can give him a chance.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have so much respect for each and every one of you who have rescued bettas and you all inspired me to rescue a little guy today. He has parasites and is extremely emaciated and lethargic. He's only got about two inches of water so he can reach the top, but i don't think he'll make it to tonight. At least I can give him a chance.
That is such a nice Sentiment..and so nice of you to take in a rescue..I hope he progresses well..please keep us updated..:)

61 - 80 of 90 Posts