Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I've had Steve Rogers for a while now and am obsessed with his aesthetic. Can you help correctly identify what scale and color category he falls under?

Also, I am thinking of breeding him-- before everyone loses their ****:
- I've been successfully breeding betta for 10 years
- I personally breed to appreciate finnage & color
- My fish are not sold but gifted to family & friends with specific care instructions as well as check ins. lol.

Steve Rogers:
- His BG is unkown..as he is a petco gem
- He was young when I got him, I'm assuming he's 6-9 months old
- Very healthy & makes the largest bubble nest I've seen

So anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any color suggestions on breeding him with. I have a Cambodian female with a copper sheen, a purple HM, a black & green HM, and a multi color (red, green, black, & blue) delta with HM geno.

Excited for the advice!

Steve Rogers-

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Do you have pictures of the girls too? Colourwise Id probably go your black and green or multi, but we really need to see pics to help

·
Banned
83 Posts
I think your boy may be a partial metallic. In which case, I agree with the above that you should breed to the black and green female. Also, I don't know if its just me, but im seeing excessive ray branching on him, and that female from what I could see, has got four rays. so she'd even it out a bit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
love his scales and the butterfly pattern, perhaps you can consider crossing him to a HMPK or HM salamander /lavender (these naming really confuse me lol) to lock his butterfly pattern , since the salamander carry the extended red gene ,Vf gene, and Si Gene, you might get an interesting result :-D.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=354898

by the way i never do that kind of cross :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts