Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a male CT Betta, and I was wondering if it would work out if I introduce a Cory Cat Fish in his tank?

I've used the compatibility chart on petco's website, but it only shows female bettas. Which is why I'm asking if it would be a bad idea...

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
As long as the other fish is not as flashy as the betta it should be fine. It might be aggressive at first but it should be okay. Mine did fine with hatchet fish.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
it depends on the size of your tank, and your betta. you'd also need a school of cory cats, so you'd need a tank 10 gallons or bigger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hm. I have a 5 gallon.

And I don't really know that I'd want too many Cories...

So I guess that rules that out. But, what about a snail?
I've heard Nerite snails are beneficial, and most bettas don't have many issues with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hm. I have a 5 gallon.

And I don't really know that I'd want too many Cories...

So I guess that rules that out. But, what about a snail?
I've heard Nerite snails are beneficial, and most bettas don't have many issues with it.
Yea in a 5 gallon you can't really put in a school of other fish. You can put in 1 or 2 snails. Or some shrimp or maybe 2 african dwarf frogs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. I'll go for the snail then. :')

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The shrimp are good too, call me cruel but I use them for live food for my betta's they LOVE to hunt them! But I get them from a LPS 10 for $1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts