Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know alot about Corydoras? i have 3 albino and 3 salt and pepper and tonight one of my salt and peppers has given up the fight to do anything but lay on his side in a quarantine cup floating in our tank....

he was fine 2 hours ago. i've been through all of the symptoms of common diseases and he has nothing.... i've posted in the emergency section but had no advice so far... please help :(

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I'm guessing ammonia poisoning..
Cories aren't really good at recovering, if he makes it long enough you can treat him with 1/4 teaspoon per gallon aquarium salt.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic Thank you so much, it's so strange as the other 5 cories are perfectly fine... so i keep him in a quarantined area, disolve the salt i the water and add the fish, then change the water daily for 7-10 days but no longer than 10?
definately aq salt? isn't epson salt good for internal issues and aq for external??

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I wouldn't risk using salt. Cories are scaleless and it can irritate them...I know that's a low dosage, but S&P cories are so tiny...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, he didn't last the night unfortunately, everyone else is fine which is a good sign... I have no idea what it could have been except stress or 0 tolerance for any trace of amonia, He was the runt of he group when we bought him though.

Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
:( That's a shame. Poor little dude. Make sure you get hold of some more soon so his school-mates can be in a proper group of 6. :)

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
+1
Don't feel to bad... Sick cories tend to not last very long. :/
Just keep the levels good.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts