Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Desmoda a 40% water change today and a second dose of Jungle Fungal Clear to his tank to help him heal up his fins, and I think it's working! I don't see holes in his tail fin anymore, but I can't tell for sure if it healed or just became the split that I see and had seen when I first got him.

My major concern, though, are these whitish-grey rings that appear around the tops of his eyes and can disappear if he looks upward. Do you think these are the beginnings of popeye? I really really hope not. *worries* I see some white reflection on his mouth sometimes, so I'm thinking that it is just from light, but I can also sort of see the white around his eyes when it is dark as well.

Desmodaeyerings.jpg

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I don't know, it looks a bit like popeye to me from what I've seen. I'm not very good with fish diseases though. :-?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know, it looks a bit like popeye to me from what I've seen. I'm not very good with fish diseases though. :-?
Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about. It's been another day since I first noticed it and the white around his eyes hasn't progressed any, so I guess I'll just have to hope a little and see... maybe the fungal clearing agent may help, but I understand that it's usually from a bacterial infection that popeye originates. I really hope he doesn't have it - I've only had him two weeks and I don't want him to be sick. :( More for his sake than mine. Thank you for the response! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts