Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She managed to squeeze up on top of the corner filter and somehow leap out through the tiny hole with the cord coming in. I covered the feeding opening and the other corner, but apparently underestimated her power to find a spot to escape.

Looked over at the tank and didn't see her... Looked closer, and couldn't find her at all. Actually tore the tank apart looking for her in it (thinking she got caught under a rock or some wood) and then seriously panicked. We have two cats and they have been hanging out fascinated with the tank for the past couple hours. Jump = eaten.

Still, I tore the surrounding area apart.

She managed to wedge herself between the folded cardboard I have between her tank and the male's (so they aren't constantly flirting). She twitched, so I peeled her off of it and put her back in the tank. She swam around weakly for a bit and is now just sitting on the bottom...
I can't believe that I was sitting right next to the tank and didn't notice. She might have been out for a couple hours as I don't remember looking at her during that time. I feel awful.

I really hope she pulls through. I just bought her a brand new tank... :cry:
She was so pretty, but now is pale listless.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I hope she will pull through alright. Turn off her tank light and even cover it to help her relax. Poor girl :( I just sucked up one of my girls up the siphon and dropped her today. But that doesn't compare to this. Please keep us posted. T^T

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the well wishes!

She was pretty much lying on her side on the bottom breathing laboredly when I went to bed last night... I was so sure she was done for.
But she is swimming around none the worse for wear this morning, demanding breakfast from me. (And jumping up to my fingers when I dropped it in the tank.)

Her fins are kind of torn though, unfortunately. But she seems to be just fine. My husband is amazed as she had to be peeled off the cardboard like a piece of tape. :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oh yay, I'm glad she Okay! If you have stress coat, you should add some in the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts