Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm planning on a move from Oregon to Wisconsin and I'm concerned about how to bring my betta with me without causing a lot of stress. I know both the fish and I will be stressed from it, but I'm just trying to minimize it for him. My tank is small enough that I can lift it with some effort. And I can secure it down in the passenger seat (If putting the tank here isn't a good idea please let me know". What I'm concerned about is the uhaul has nowhere to plug in his air pump or his heater. I'm pretty sure 3-4 days without a pump or heater wont kill him, but I just wanna make it less stressful for him. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,786 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

First, do not feed him. This way the water will stay cleaner. He won't suffer from not eating for a few days. Wrap his filter medium in plastic wrap so that some of the nitrifying bacteria survives.

Lower the water in his tank to about 1/4. He doesn't need great depth when traveling. Wrap his tank in a towel if the weather is cold. Set in a box to stabilize.

Another way is get two small containers. Punch holes in the lids. Fill both with the water from your home. Put him in one and place both containers in a box surrounded by a towel. Days 1 & 2 he's in one container and 3 & 4 he's in the other. Make sure to take a net for the transfer.

Enjoy the scenery!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts