Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our male betta for 2 months. After multiple issues in our 55 tank including columnaris & velvet and losing pretty much all of our fish to disease, we put him in a separate 10 tank. It's heated. He has been fine until today. He only moves when you jostle the tank around and his fins look to be deteriorating fast. His fins weren't like this yesterday at all and he has been perfectly fine, besides being a bit lazy, until today. He also seems to be breathing very heavily. I put him in a small cup & put an air stone in it so he wouldn't have to exert himself so much. Water parameters are good, temp is good, nothing in the tank that would snag him, etc. Please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well not even an hour later he's gone, very sad and devastating to have a fish you arw so attached to go so quickly with no reason. Any replies or helpful advice is still much appreciated. I have had the 55g tank for a little over a month and its been a month from HELL. I lost quite a few danios and tetras for unexplained reasons, then lost about 13 female bettas to columnaris and velvet. List a few danios to columnaris also. We are doing everything that the aquatic store tells us to do, and still no luck. This has been the worst experience with pets in my entire life. I don't want to give up because my husband ADORES fish, especially bettas, and my 3 year old son was the one who actually wanted the tank. Any advice would be very helpful, I am willing to answer any questions. I just want to have a beautiful fish tank full of healthy fish!!! Attached is a picture of my favorite female, Tina, the morning the columnaris took effect. It happened overnight. I woke up and 5 of my females were like this. They were fine the nigjt before, then they died maybe 2 hrs after we figured out what it was & treated it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The only advice I can give you is to quarantine all of the fish separately and completely tear down the tank clean it with white vinegar maybe even beach and try again. this might be a case of fish tuberculosis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts