Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was reading about crowntails and saw that there are different ray types. I was wanting to know what they all are & what they look like. Also, what type is my ct Zephyr? Is he a fairly nice-looking one (at least for a wal-mart betta)?

And one more thing; I am wanting to breed him & I would really like a nice female that has the same coloring. So if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
The general rule for all fin types are similar - balanced from top to bottom (from dorsal to anal).

CT fins, like other splendens consist of ray branching. Yours is supposed to be a 4 rayed CT (look at the end rays - there are 4 rays). Some are single rayed, others are double rayed (I have never seen an 8 rayed CT). So if you consider these as types - just look at the end rays.

IMO the main types are only crossed ray and straight ray. Yours is a straight ray. Some CT have rays that cross each other.... I'll see if I can find a picture.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Cross ray aka king crown tail
Crown tail was a hot breed when they first came out
But now since it went to main stream
I haven't hear or see anybody around me that breed them

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
there are thin webbings and thick webbings.
here is a thick webbing, blue multi-color, male CT:

and a thing webbing
black orchid, male CT:

top one isn't mine :p and haven't fully recovered from his attack (long story)

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
IMO fin thickness in more of a quality thing. Thicker means better because they will be more stable (form) - they can spread nicely. While thin fins tend to bend or curl - not too attractive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts