Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
MrVamire is right about petco king's betta. They are not real giants, just old betta and they are at their maximum size for a round tail plakat.
Nothing I've read from MrVampire leads me to this conclusion. Nor do I expect that this is true.

.... petco or petsmart, they can not even afford to get good quality betta with good colors, i dont think you will get giant hm or giant hmplakat.
Your opinion may be influenced by the quality of fish at your local petco. I wouldn't shop them for show caliber Betta, but they do have many handsome healthy pet fish worth owning.

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
...though theyre nothing compared to those on aquabid and other sites. ive never seen fish so pretty :)
I provisionally agree, although I have seen LFS fish that were prettier than many on Aquabid.

Problem with importing fish: there is no way to assess their personality.

While not a major consideration for a breeder, as a keeper of aquatic pets, personality is of major importance to me. Most hobbyists would agree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.