Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone who has CTs, would you mind sharing what PH your water is? I know mine is pretty high, and I'm worried about fin curling... Going to have them in IAL for sure. Anything else I can do?

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
My ph is 6.5 ( Low, I know. Trying to raise a bit. )
Some tips of his fins are a Bit Curly, but not all. My ph is low, though.
Isn't the Curling supposed to be Caused by the Hardness? I never knew it was because of ph too... Anyway, what's yours? Is it above 8.0? ( This is Highest? )
If it is, THEN it's too high. Ph Down? It might help.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
6.5 is pretty ideal.
My pH is 7.4. Curling is caused by hardness. My water hardness is 13dH, and I have had no problems, this is pretty hard water. Adult betta need extremely hard water to have fin curling (fry are more sensitive to this). Even after fin rot my guy's rays are regrowing straight.
The pH scale goes from 0 to 14. 7 is neutral, 8.2 is seawater average, and freshwater pH is in a range of 3-11.
Betta do fine in pH range of 6-8 (though lower than 7 is more natural, but not arguably better).
I can't think of any aquarist who would recommend using chemicals such as pH down to alter water. It's unnatural and quickly falling out of favor.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
All my CT's have fin issues and I have hard water- not sure the exact number but its pretty hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.