Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll get VT and some messy fins :roll: LOL. But I may breed the f1's ;-) anyways, 3rd day in there the HUGE nest was built by the male AND the female. Today is day three, and they are spawning as I am typing =D

He's having some trouble wrapping around her :lol: but she did dorp some eggs he stuck into the nest <3 He's doing good for a newbie!

I had gut stuffed them with mealworm meat, freeze dried and their pellets. The water is at 80 in the 10 gallon, cleaned yesterday (and added cooler water, conditioned). I have black water extract in there right now, live plants, two hidey spots, and the water level is at 4 inches. I have a sponge filter in another tank, fully cycled.

Microworms, powdered, egg yolk, mniscule pellets and fairy shrimp :3 I intend to do a daily water change with the turkey baster as my helper.

Wish me luck <3 well, really, wish THEM luck =D

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Can't wait to see what babies you get~!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't either :lol: They are dong SO well! three dozen so far that I saw... I haven't been keeping an eye on them for the whole thing. There's one missed egg, neither saw... x.x so it's chilling in the bottom. :roll: all well. We'll just have to see <3

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Good luck to both mamma and dadda, and you!!!Vid?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got one on my phone but my phone is being lame and saying it is too big to send to my email :mad: it worked before.... D: All well. I'll try getting some pictures of the dad now lol. The pictures of them spawning turned out bad x.x -sigh-

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good luck! I love that boy! Too bad you are in canada, we could do some fry swapping later on :/ I hope you get hundreds! I wonder what a crowntail veiltail would look like.....

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: :lol: well I expect most VT, probably short finned, some "shag" :lol: I'd be lucky to get combtails (tiara tails? xD) this generation. I might take a comb (if there is one, or one with more rays) and breed back to daddy - I dunno yet :)

I expect mostly reds and blues as well (and probably some..."what the heck??" xD)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well I am a wedding photographer, and since the crown is more a masculine thing, I kinda thought "veil" tail makes me think of bride, thats why I said tiara tail lol Since I have brides wearing Tiaras every now and then

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
i dunno if you'd get any combs this gen. if i'm not mistaken, it'd mostly be veils with reduced webbing, very shaggy looking tails. for color, mostly reds, blues, red wash, unless both are carrying something interesting.

as for your male, he looks like a young Crown to me, not a CTPK, which is one of the most interesting-looking bettas i've ever seen.

i've had CTs of various ages, and my own King Steve started with a shorter tail. :B even if he was a CT/PK cross, he'd have ratty finnage, rather than the beautiful finnage he does. since you got him from a breeder, it makes sense for him to be younger, and thus shorter finnage.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IndianaBetta so that's how you thought of it :lol:

Forgot who mentioned but they pointed out because of his body, he isn't young - His caudal is awfully short for a CT "adult" though D: If anything I'll breed F1 female to the father =D

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
well, you can see how different a CTPK's fins are, from your boy's. the tail alone is way different. he might just be an odd CT. :B

·
Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
The CT is classified as a regular CT. But his fins are short suggesting that he has PK genes in him.
PK should only have fins 1/3 of body length.

Congrats on a successful spawn.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahhh ok :lol:
(the ct/pk's are purty)
and thanks indjo!

I've noticed he is not very good with picking up the fallen eggs! I see another 2 on the bottom :lol: and yesterday there was a drifter xD it went over to the anubias I have in there lol. Is there harm in an egg being at the bottom?

·
Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
No. Bad eggs will be eaten by daddy. .... two eggs on the bottom? ... imagine having to pick up hundreds. LOL Missing two is understandable.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol the female was the one to pick up what he missed when they were spawning :lol: He kept pestering her "okay kay let's embrace!" and she kept "no no gotta get all the babies!!!" :lol:

Hopefully good eggs aren't eaten by daddy :3 I still see eggs in the nest, which is good.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i want if it all goes right i have hmvt girls with a non vt anal fin this infusion might be good id take then back to my ct wicked let me no in 3 months good job

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lol: alright lol. And thanks :)

Random curious question... what happens if you breed a double tail with a crowntail? o_O

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's an interesting question o_O I would like to know an answer as well!

*squeal* I can't waaaaaaait

1 - 20 of 85 Posts