Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a female betta become depressed if she as been in a sorority for months and is now the only one in that tank? There are other tank mates but she is now the only betta girl. Or would more slower eater and just so laid back not swimming around constantly ( not lethargic) as before a sign of less stress? ZZ just isn’t as zippy as before. But she was the beta not alpha or omega but always trying to be above the omegas. So I’m just wondering from those that has had sororities and no longer has it or still has it and may have some insight on this.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok That is what I am thinking also. I am assuming since there isn’t any other females taking the food she just figures I will eat and no rush. She just bebops up when good and ready eats and swims off. Before she would dart up and grab food. She is the one that jumped out of her tank 3-4mo the ago to grab food when I was feeding them and jump over Moonpie and out the tank to the floor. I figured she would die from hitting the hardwood floor but nope she is still going. Thanks. 👍

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it does. She is a totally different girl. Very laid back girl.

Even in my divided girls tank they will swim around and then all the sudden stop and peek through a hole for a second and then swim on. If they happen to see another girl they will hang around looking longer before moving on and sometimes come back to same spot and check it out again to see if they can see the other one. It’s is usually my EE jumper Opal and Topaz ( the young girl). The youngster is a very curious girl. I had her in with her sister for a couple days while waiting on her filter to come in and she would flare at her when she was wanting to eat first.

So we can see anything may trigger them. They literally are siblings and they will still flare and chase each other. I actually heard someone say if out of same spawn they will get along better and you won’t have issues. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts