Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fairly new fish "parent." I've have Flitter, my Crowntail betta for a couple months now and I've noticed that the very ends of his fin rays are no longer pointed. They also seem to be curling in some areas, maybe? To be honest, I have no idea if there's something wrong or not, but if this is the beginning of fin rot or some other disease then I want to be proactive. He's in a filtered 2 gallon tank and we keep it very clean with full water changes every 3-4 weeks. He's a picky eater and only likes pellets, we 1-2 soak in water for about 15 minutes before we feed him (twice a day) so he won't have any digestive issues. Pleas see the attached photo...Any help given will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
A 2 gallon tank should have two water changes every week. One 50% with vacuum and one like 90% at least..I'm not sure what the issue is with his fins, but your water changes are not enough by any means. Hope you can help him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.