Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the girls in my betta sorority had a curves spine this morning. I noticed while I was feeding the monsters and I put her in the hospital tank. After a couple minutes, she pooped and her shape went back to normal and I put her back into the sorority. She seemed a bit stressed at the move, but otherwise fine.

Is there any chance that my sorority has a possible TB outbreak? I had a newish swordtail in there temporarily, ad he died, even though he was QT first. My tank also has shared a gravel vacuum with my guppy tank, so if it's TB is it likely it's in there too?

Thank you guys. Just being paranoid.

Sorry I didn't take any pics, but it was a mild bend and I didn't think of it.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
You most definitely do not, have fish TB, your fish would be wasting away to nothing at the moment and you would certainly know!

Bettas tend to rest in a curved position so most likely she was just moving her bowels around to push the poo out or, as I said firstly, she was resting. My HM boy does it all the time or when he's wiggling for food he sits in a curved S position. It is most likely nothing to worry about and normal behavior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts