Betta Fish Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
My first betta used to sleep under this bridge I would make for him out of rocks-I was a kid and was so amazed! So with my new betta Keller I made sure to build like 8,000 rock bridges for him. LOL he NEVER sleeps there. Keller sleeps at the top of a silk tree everynight. It's so cute he literally drapes himself over this tree. Lights go out, Keller perches. Sometimes he's actually upside down. It's quite adorable.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bruce likes to sleep under a curled down leaf of his fake plant and I have actually used a pic of him doing this to sell them to customers at my store, lol! Shameless I know, but it's adorable! Shruikan likes to flare at my cats and has actually scared the kitties away by swimming towards them quickly... lol Shruikan also sleeps in the top of the flower plant that's in his tank. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
After reading all the stories of bettas biting people's fingers, or cuddling with their finger, I decided I'd see what Mr. Bubbles did. I stuck my finger in his water, and he stared at it for a second, then started flaring and swimming around it in circles. Then he stopped and had a staring contest. Then cautiously came closer, and we both panicked at the same time! He was about to bite me, when I jerked out my finger, and then he panicked and shot down by his house!! lol it was hilarious xD now he's getting braver and trying to bite me everytime I put my finger in, but I keep panicking and pulling it out xD

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
has anyone ever had betta that didnt want to eat after lights out time? 2 of my betta in the 5g just dont eat when i try to feed during their sleep hours. any hours before light out they're all over food.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cute/frightening

My Betta Ryu has some funky habits. I found out by accident something amusing. I tried the mirror trick to get him to flare, but he ignored it. One day I was talking (during which I wave my hands often) and suddenly he flared! :shock: After experimenting I found that "wiggling" my hand in a "vertical wave-like" motion made Ryu flare. Now we exercise that way sometimes... The scary, but inda cute one is his sleeping. As soon as the light goes out he hides in his stone structure and "sleeps." The scary part is he flops over and floats inside it. I swore he was dead the first few times. I would rush over and literally had to gently SHAKE him out of it.... He gave me the grumpiest look ever, moped around for a bit, and went back in it... The most amusing part of this is that when I first put that piece in the tank Ryu was scared to death of it. Never a dull moment with that fish.:)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i have a betta cave and my ct often sleeps/hides. i usually have to tap the KK a few times to get his attention.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ryu & I always have an interesting moment each day. When I got him he had a plethera of bad habits (like fin shredding). I found him lurking in a cup at a PetCo & couldn't leave him there. It took awhile to get him healthy. I'm happy I took him home. I've never had a fish with so much personality before. Now he thinks he is the king of my work space (which is right near his tank).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Flanery does a wiggle dance when he sees me.. He also has this brilliant idea that his tail is out to get him. If he's turning around a plant, and sees his tail he will flare and back up, so when his tail disappears he goes everywhere and tries to look for it. He only flares at his tail, not me or other fish. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Lulu made me a very happy B-day girl yesterday. I was sitting on the couch near his tank and he kept coming over and watching me and refused to move from that area unless I got up. I started waving my hand infront of him making it move fast...He started flaring, wiggling and blowing bubbles and it was like we were playing a game. It was too cute.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Goblin always comes over when I walk into my dorm room. I can also just stick my face in front of the tank and say his name and no matter what he always ends up swimming over. Starts wiggling and twitching and hopes I'll drop some food in the tank. I can point to food in the tank & he goes straight to the food and noms. Or he plays with it. He eats one and plays with the other usually.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
My bettas do too many cute things to list..

My boyfriend though does cute things when it concerns the fish...

I had gotten a lovely cellophane dalmation a while back, Butters because he twitches around like Butters Scotch on South Park.. and my boyfriend stole him and placed him on his desk.
He loves that fish almost as much as he loves his dog now.. I will catch him talking to Butters, and at times even will dance with him (when he stands up, Butters will rush towards him and start twitching and dancing.. so my boyfriend joins in with some music and they dance together.. <face palm>).

Now today was tank cleaning day and I put Frazzle next to Aanya for the first time and he finally flared up (ended up being a double crowntail of all things).. so I told my boyfriend this and he got all pouty.. he was worried that Aanya wouldn't come visit Butters anymore lol.
(I had all the fish together during surgery to make feeding/cleaning easier on me so Butters got to see Aanya and they enjoyed each other greatly.. she in fact egged up for the first time because of him)
My boyfriend wanted to make sure that Butters still got some attention and time with Aanya (in their own respective homes).. yeah, and he called me crazy and said bettas were "just fish and nothing like his chichlids" when I brought home the first one ;)

So now I have to schedule "play dates" between my girl and "his" Butters.. sigh..

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
my DT flares his beard at flakes too big to swallow when trying to eat them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My betta will stare at me everytime I'm on the computer! He's a scaredycat so whenever I go near him, he runs away. When I put a mirror, he just runs away again! It's so cute! He does get very excited when I open his food and I put a pellet on my finger and show it to him which he gets excited and doesn't run away! I always do these so he knows where I put his food.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Trident loves playing with the laser pointer and is photogenic. He'll mostly swim in the front of the tank when he sees me with my phone. Then he'll swim and stop and let his fins fan about for about five seconds and then repeat the process over and over again. When he wants to take a break, he'll either move to the sides of his tank or swim in his cave.

Cupid, on the other fin, is a pistol. I've made the mistake of hand feeding him. Now anytime I put my hand in his tank, he bites me. Even if I'm hand feeding him, he'll end up deliberately missing it and bit my finger. He doesn't hold back either, he bites hard (not enough to hurt me though). If the food falls to the substrate, I have to point to where it is from the outside of the tank and he usually finds it. If I put my finger on the outside of his tank, sometimes he'll try to bite through the glass. He doesn't get as distracted with the laser pointer like Trident though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Betta's name is Bennie. He's about 1 1/2 years. He's in a filtered 10 Gallon Tank. He's so happy!! All day he plays and swims around and like... 'fish runs'! Often I see him 'fish run' let the current of the filter take him to the bottom rocks as he takes back control of himself and does it all over again. He's always exploring his tanks. Looking at his reflection and watching me and my dogs live around him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My betta is in a tank with two corys and will often get very face-to-face with them while they are sleeping to wake them up and chase and play with them. It’s so cute! When I first saw him approaching the corys I was afraid he was being aggressive but he never flares or nips at them. He’ll blow little bubbles in their face if they aren’t getting up and then touch them with his nose (mouth closed) when he chases them.

Also if he sees me get face to face with the tank he often swims up really fast to his floating log and peers at me through that. He’ll weave in and out of it and blow a bubble at the top, like he’s trying to impress me lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Peaches would only flare at my mom. He was a little scaredy-cat most of the time. Pens, my finger, mirrors, etc all made him run and hide. Even other people he'd hide from (except me, but I was the Bringer of Food, so I got to be an exception). But the moment he saw my mom, he'd come darting out of his cave and give her a full on flare.

Loki get's super excited to see me. He swims out with his seeing side towards me (he's missing an eye) and then turn to show me his blind side and then loses all excitement until he ends up turning his seeing side to me again. He also likes to wait until his food is sinking and then chase after it. Especially the pieces that get caught in his filter's current. He loves to chase those down. He likes his shrimp too, darting after them when they swim away but never nipping or flaring at them. More like he enjoys the chase and then will pause when they stop until they dart off again.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts