Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ive have my tank for about 3 weeks now and tested for ammonia, nitrite and ritrates and they all were 0 i have a betta fish in the tank and have been feeding him and also added flakes a week ago and let them sink to the gravel hoping they would turn to ammonia. I bought this stability bacteria starter and will be using it for the next 7 days. Will this start my cycle? And do i still have to do weekly cleaning for my tank? I have a live Anubias plant and a marmio moss ball.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,499 Posts
I believe you use Stability for eight days: Double dose on Day 1 and normal dose Days 2-8.

Here is the Forum's fish-in cycling tutorial. CYCLING: the two-sentence tutorial

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,499 Posts
Yes, add two drops of Prime every day. I haven't read in a long time but I don't believe the tutorial says to do weekly water changes? What are SeaChem instructions? Haven't read those in a while but seem to remember they're what I posted in #2.

I've done this for so long most advice is rote. So you might want to double check me. :)

Oh, and don't forget to shake the Stability bottle realllllly well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, add two drops of Prime every day. I haven't read in a long time but I don't believe the tutorial says to do weekly water changes? What are SeaChem instructions? Haven't read those in a while but seem to remember they're what I posted in #2.

I've done this for so long most advice is rote. So you might want to double check me. :)

Oh, and don't forget to shake the Stability bottle realllllly well.
It says to do a weekly 25%-50% water change with vacuuming is part of recommended tank maintenance. If ammonia and nitrite stay below 0.25-0.50ppm the tank goes onto the weekly water-change schedule. Thank you for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts