Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled up my five gallon, and am looking for a new halfmoon delta fighter soon. I have white sand a light. But at the moment I am looking for some cool ornamental displays. If there are any ideas please post!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think I misread your post, you're not asking about how to cycle I believe. D: WHOOPS.

Well decor, you can add in silk plants, terracotta pots, legos, or store bought decor, just make sure they're not too rough, they can rip your Betta's fins. You could do live plants too, but you'd need the correct lighting, and I'd suggest adding them after your cycle.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
If Ur cycling, u know about the building enough beneficial bacteria in Ur filter, right? It's called the Nitrogen Cycle. If u don't know then PLEASE tell me.
And if u DO know, then u could use live plants,like Anubis something plants or, Duckweed.It could also help u with the cycling. If u don't want a big hassle, then get plants that don't need that much light,or special things 4 it. Oh, and don't get bushy plants. Get silky ones. For the sand, idk actually. I'm used 2 gravel,though. That would also collect some more good bacteria. And 4 even more decor,search @ Ur local fish or pet store. They have a lot that u could choose from. Make sure that it's aquarium-safe though. Good Luck!!! ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sure do know about cycling and how to do it. I just left it out because it is practically useless info for this post. I just wanted ideas for how to design it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.